October 2019: Kingswood Memories
From the John Snell collection, courtesy of Kingswood Heritage Museum
IN our last edition we featured a building at the junction of Two Mile Hill Road and Waters Road in Kingswood. This was once the factory of Bird's, the boot and shoe manufacturers, but many people knew it as the 'Tizer Factory'. Tizer, originally a London company, merged with the local firm Radiant Table Waters at the Two Mile Hill site in 1936. This photo shows the staff of the new company, with the delivery vehicles lined up behind them.