November 2019: Will & Probate Advice with Simpson Solicitors
Free review to fix the gap in your legal protection.
YOU may be surprised that the law doesn’t work in the way you’d expect. NO Will or NO Powers of Attorney can cause huge problems for those you love.
If you became seriously ill or suffered a serious injury or perhaps a routine operation went wrong, then NO Powers of Attorney can mean:-
- No access to savings – as they’ll often be frozen - even if needed for your urgent treatment or to pay to support your children or just to pay your bills.
- Unable to get the medical treatment you’d want. Doctors need your consent for many treatments, but if you’re too ill to give it, it cannot go ahead.
- Unable to move home to more suitable accommodation. This can leave you in hospital away from your family as no one else can sign for you on your property transfer documents.
Vincent Mulcock, a specialist advisor at Simpson Solicitors says “You may be surprised that this applies even if you are married or have a close family. So, unless the people you trust are appointed by you IN ADVANCE they can face huge upset and often expense as you’ve left them powerless to help you”.
The law can also have very cruel consequences if you died unexpectedly with No Will. In the worst cases it can mean:-
- No inheritance for your children.
- No inheritance for your partner if you are not married.
- Children under 18 in care until the court decides who should look after them.
Act now to fix this gap in your legal protection. Simpson Solicitors are based in the Kings Chase Shopping Centre opposite Costa Coffee. They are offering our readers a FREE, no obligation, review meeting. If getting to their Kingswood office is difficult they offer a FREE home meeting service too.
If you decide to use their services you’ll get 50% off their already competitive fixed prices for Wills and Powers of Attorney. But you need to act now as this 50% off offer ends on 31 December 2019. So, pop in or call them today on 0117 960 8494.