March 2020: Kingswood Memories
The original Tabernacle building on the site was completed in 1741, and extended twice in later years. However, by the middle of the 19th century a larger meeting room was required to accommodate the growing congregation and a new church was built nearby.
The new church was designed by Henry Masters and was completed in 1851.The church was in use until 1983, when it finally closed due to falling attendances.
From the South Gloucestershire Library collection, courtesy Kingswood Heritage Museum.