Kingswood Memories August 2019
KINGSWOOD has a proud heritage in the corsetry industry. The main firms involved were Langridge's of Two Mile Hill Road (using the Unity brand and later renamed Fantasie Foundations) and David Williams of Downend Road. It was in 1921 that Langridge's moved to a larger factory in Two Mile Hill Road. This site was enlarged three times in the next few years, before new premises were opened in Waters Road, where manufacture was to remain until closure in 2002. The photo shows staff on their annual outing to Weston super Mare in 1922. The works premises behind the charabancs now serve as a rank of shops, with flats above.
Picture courtesy of the Kingswood Heritage Museum collection